703 Park Lawn Court
Kernersville, NC 27284
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 21 of 22 – November 8, 2013
Driver: Ron Hornaday
Truck: No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado
Driver’s Point Standings: 11th
Owner’s Point Standings: 12th
Track: Phoenix International Raceway
Race: Lucas Oil 150
Distance: 150 Laps/150 Miles
· For the 21st stop of the 2013 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season, Ron Hornaday and the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff team head west to Phoenix International Raceway. This will be the series first start of the year at the one-mile track.
· In a career that started in 1995, Hornaday has garnered 18 career NCWTS starts at Phoenix International Raceway. In those 18 starts, Hornaday has two wins (1998, 1999), two poles (1995, 2008), 10 top-five finishes, 13 top-10 finishes, an average start of 8.1, an average finish of 8.7, has led 15 laps and completed 95.9 percent of attempted laps (2,640 of 2,752 laps).
· Hornaday continues to sit 11th in the NCWTS Driver Point Standings with four top-five finishes, nine top-10 finishes and has completed 98.0 percent of laps attempted (3,032 of 3,093 laps) and led 44 laps. The No. 9 Chevrolet is 12th in the NCWTS Owner Point Standings with two races left in the 2013 season.
· This week Hornaday will be behind the wheel of the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado for the Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway.
· Catch the Lucas Oil 150 from Phoenix International Raceway on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and Fox Sports 1 on Friday, November 8, beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET with the race set to start at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Thoughts from Driver Ron Hornaday:
“I have always loved racing at Phoenix International Raceway. During my South West Tour and Winston West career, Phoenix was the ultimate race for us every year. I look forward to seeing my family and friends make it out to this track, and I hope that I can have another strong finish for our Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff team. I know the NTS Motorsports team is working hard to finish the season off strong, and I am excited to contend for a win.”
Words of Wisdom from Crew Chief Bruce Cook:
“Phoenix International Raceway is a great track for the NTS Motorsports team. I know Ron (Hornaday) loves Phoenix, as he has had a lot of success there in his career. Our truck has proven itself as a contender for wins, and I look forward to seeing the Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Silverado at the front of the field.”
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @TeamNTS9Truck, @RonHornaday.