Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 14 of 22 – September 1, 2013
Driver: Ron Hornaday
Truck: No. 9 NTS Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado
Driver’s Point Standings: 12th
Owner’s Point Standings: 12th
Track: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Race: Chevrolet Silverado 200
Distance: 64 Laps/157.37 Miles
· This week the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) will return to road-course action when teams cross the border to Ontario, Canada for the Chevrolet Silverado 200 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Unlike his competitors, veteran Ron Hornaday has not only competed on road courses in the series, he has also won on a road course behind the wheel of a truck. Hornaday has 14 NCWTS starts on road courses with three total wins and 11 top-10 finishes. The last time Hornaday competed in the NCWTS on a road course was at Watkins Glen International in 1999 where he finished fifth. Hornaday and the No. 9 NTS Motorsports team hope to capitalize on the veteran’s road-course experience and end the weekend with their first win of 2013, and first win for NTS Motorsports.
· Prior to heading North of the Border, Hornaday will be available via the NASCAR CAM Video Teleconference beginning at 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, August 29, 2013 to discuss NASCAR’s return to road course action with the NCWTS, his success on road courses and the opportunity to race on the historical Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
· Fans attending this weekend’s activities at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park will have the opportunity to meet the driver’s of the NCWTS on Saturday afternoon during the NASCAR autograph session. Stop by between 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. ET to meet your favorite driver and collect autographs from drivers participating in the inaugural Chevrolet Silverado 200!
· This week Hornaday will be behind the wheel of the No. 9 NTS Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado for the Chevrolet Silverado 200 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
· Catch the Chevrolet Silverado 200 from Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and Fox Sports 1 on Sunday, September 1, beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET with the race set to start at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Thoughts from Driver Ron Hornaday:
“I have won road-course races in the past and I really like competing on these types of tracks. I haven’t been to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, but I have been using track maps and video to study the new venue. Bruce Cook (crew chief) and the NTS Motorsports team have worked very hard to build a new truck for me and I will do my best to bring back our team’s first win of the season.”
Words of Wisdom from Crew Chief Bruce Cook:
“The new venue presents a challenge, but that is something I look forward to. I am glad to be a part of this race, as it will mark a historical event in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Ron (Hornaday) is great at road courses and I have had good success at these types of tracks in the past. We had a very good road course test and with the new trucks we have built, I am confident in NTS Motorsports’ ability to finish 1, 2, 3.”
Notable Notes from Owner Bob Newberry:
“This weekend will be filled with a lot of firsts – marking the first time that the trucks head over the border, the first time that the drivers have to make left and right turns as they compete at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, the first time for NTS Motorsports to welcome Max (Papis) to our team along with Ron (Hornaday) and Brennan (Newberry). It will be a great weekend for our team and I’m looking forward to competing for NTS’s first win with all three teams!”
Track Facts: Race Rewind:
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Bristol Motor Speedway
2.459-mile Road Course UNOH 200
10-Turn Road Course Start: 15th
About NTS Motorsports:
NTS Motorsports was founded by California businessman Bob Newberry in Bakersfield, California and is now headquartered in the former Kevin Harvick Incorporated shop in Kernersville, North Carolina. The team has quickly grown into a two truck powerhouse with a third part time truck in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) after merging with Mega Millions Lottery winner Joe Denette. Ron Hornaday in the No. 9 Chevrolet Silverado and Brennan Newberry in the No. 24 Chevrolet Silverado compete full-time in the NCWTS while the No. 14 Chevrolet Silverado will be driven part time by NASCAR Sprint Cup standouts such as Kevin Harvick and Max Papis.
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @TeamNTS9Truck, @RonHornaday.