703 Park Lawn Court
Kernersville, NC 27284
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 20 of 22 – November 1, 2013
Driver: Ron Hornaday
Truck: No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado
Driver’s Point Standings: 11th
Owner’s Point Standings: 13th
Track: Texas Motor Speedway
Race: WinStar World Casino 350K
Distance: 147 Laps/147 Miles
· Moving from the paperclip Martinsville (Va.) Speedway to the fast mile-and-a-half Texas Motor Speedway, Ron Hornaday and the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado team will be looking to earn their first win of the season and fourth-career win at the Fort Worth track. Earlier this season when the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) made their first stop in the Lone Star state, Hornaday started the 167-lap event from the 12th position and finished the race ninth.
· Hornaday has a total of 21 career starts at the 1.5-mile Texas Motor Speedway. In those 21 starts, Hornaday has earned three wins, sweeping the season in 2008 and once in 2011, scored six top-five finishes and 11 top-10 finishes. He has led 681 laps and completed 3,011 of 3,332 attempted laps for 90.4 percent. His average start on the Fort Worth, Texas track is 9.2 and average finish is 12.9.
· Hornaday continues to sit 11th in the NCWTS Driver Point Standings with three top-five finishes, eight top-10 finishes and has completed 97.9 percent of laps attempted (2,885 of 2,946 laps) and led 44 laps. The No. 9 Chevrolet is 13th in the NCWTS Owner Point Standings with three races remaining in the 2013 season.
· This week Hornaday will be behind the wheel of the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff “Great Taste” and “Tobacco Free” Chevrolet Silverado for the WinStar World Casino 350K.
· Catch the WinStar World Casino 350K from Texas Motor Speedway on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and Fox Sports 1 on Friday, November 1, beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET with the race set to start at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Thoughts from Driver Ron Hornaday:
“Texas is one of my favorite tracks, and I’m really looking forward to going back there. We are taking the truck we ran at Las Vegas, as we know we can win with it. As you’re hardly ever out of the gas there, I need to make sure to get over the bumps better than everyone else, and we should be right there at the front with the Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff truck.”
Words of Wisdom from Crew Chief Bruce Cook:
“I’m excited to be returning to Texas Motor Speedway with Ron Hornaday. Ron has always been good at Texas, so it’s a confidence booster knowing we are bringing the Las Vegas truck; which is very capable of contending for the win. Track position is everything in Texas, and we are going to concentrate on executing great pit stops and getting Ron in the right position to capitalize on a victory with the Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff truck.”
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @TeamNTS9Truck, @RonHornaday.