703 Park Lawn Court
Kernersville, NC 27284
For Immediate release
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 18 of 22 – October 19, 2013
Driver: Ron Hornaday
Truck: No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado
Driver’s Point Standings: 11th
Owner’s Point Standings: 10th
Track: Talladega Superspeedway
Race: fred’s 250 Presented by Coca-Cola
Distance: 94 Laps/250.04 Miles
· For the second superspeedway race of the 2013 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season, Ron Hornaday and the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff team will unload at Talladega Superspeedway looking to capitalize on the momentum from a strong run at Las Vegas Motor Speedway to earn the four-time NCWTS champion his first-career win on the famed 2.66-mile Alabama track. In his previous seven starts at Talladega, Hornaday has earned two top-five finishes, both second-place finishes (2008 and 2011), four top-10 finishes, one pole starting position, has led 50 laps and completed 98.5 percent of attempted laps (653 of 663 laps). His average start is 9.6 with an average finish of 12.4.
· For the only other superspeedway race of the 2013 season, Hornaday started from the fourth position in the season opener at Daytona International Speedway and finished under the lights in the third spot.
· Hornaday continues to sit 11th in the NCWTS Driver Point Standings with three top-five finishes, eight top-10 finishes and has completed 98.2 percent of laps attempted (2,604 of 2,652 laps) and led 44 laps. Only one point separates Hornaday and 10th place.
· Prior to two weekends off before starting the final-five stretch of the 2013 NCWTS season, Hornaday and the No. 9 NTS Motorsports team looked poised to hit the jackpot in “Sin City” for their first win of the season. Hornaday qualified in the eighth position for the Sam’s 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and led a total of 23 laps before a late-race caution bunched the field up for the final restart and after slipping several spots, Hornaday finished the race sixth.
· This week Hornaday will be behind the wheel of the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado for the fred’s 250 Presented by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway.
· Catch the fred’s 250 Presented by Coca-Cola from Talladega Superspeedway on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and Fox Sports 1 on Saturday, October 19, beginning at 3:30 p.m. ET with the race scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Thoughts from Driver Ron Hornaday:
“I really enjoy racing at Talladega Superspeedway. Our Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet ran so well at Daytona, that I have been looking forward to this race all season long. Drafting at Talladega is a lot of fun and I look forward to pushing and being pushed to the front of the field.”
Words of Wisdom from Crew Chief Bruce Cook:
“I love racing at Talladega Superspeedway. This type of racing is my favorite because it truly tests driver and equipment on the fastest and biggest tracks on the circuit. I have won at Talladega in the truck series before and I hope to repeat that with Ron Hornaday and the Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff truck.”
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @SmokeySnuff, @TeamNTS9Truck, @RonHornaday