703 Park Lawn Court
Kernersville, NC 27284
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 12 of 22 – August 17, 2013
Driver: Brennan Newberry
Truck: No. 24 Qore-24 Chevrolet Silverado
Driver’s Point Standings: 19th
Owner’s Point Standings: 23rd
Track: Michigan International Speedway
Race: National Guard 200
Distance: 100 Laps/200 Miles
· This week Brennan Newberry will pilot the No. 24 Qore-24 Chevrolet Silverado for his second-career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at the two-mile track of Michigan International Speedway. When he takes the green flag for the National Guard 200 on Saturday, he will carry the momentum from Pocono Raceway where he scored his career-best finish of 10th. He’ll be looking for his second consecutive top-10 finish and to continue his inspiring learning curve during his rookie season.
· Unlike many tracks on the NCWTS schedule, Michigan International Speedway is one track where Newberry made a start during the 2012 season in his limited schedule. In his previous start at the Michigan track in the NCWTS, Newberry started the race from the 18th position and crossed the finish line solidly in the 19th spot. Newberry also competed in the ARCA race last season at the track, starting the race from the 17th position and earning a strong fourth-place finish.
· This week the stars of the NCWTS will participate in an autograph session on Friday, August 16, 2013 from 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET in a tent located at the turn one tram stop at Michigan International Speedway. Come meet Brennan Newberry and other NCWTS drivers!
· Qore-24 will serve at the primary sponsor for Newberry and the No. 24 Chevrolet Silverado team in the NCWTS National Guard 200 this week at Michigan International Speedway.
· Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender Newberry continues to sit fifth in the 2013 NCWTS Rookie standings, behind leader Ryan Blaney, who won the Pocono Mountain 125 at Pocono Raceway on August 3, and moved into the top spot.
· Catch the National Guard 200 from Michigan International Speedway on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and the new Fox Sports 1 on Saturday, August 17, beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET with the race set to start at 12:30 p.m. ET. The National Guard 200 will be the first NASCAR race broadcast on the new Fox Sports 1 network.
From the Driver’s Seat with Newberry’s Knowledge:
“This will be my second time visiting Michigan International Speedway (MIS) in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competition. This track reminds me a lot of a superspeedway, due to the big corners, long straightaways and drafting at high speeds during full-throttle laps. I raced the NASCAR Truck and ARCA Racing Series events last season, so that gave me plenty of experience on the new smooth pavement at MIS. I am hoping my laps on NASCAR’s “Great Escape” track and good momentum from my top-10 run at Pocono help propel my Qore-24 team to a fun weekend.”
From the Box with Crew Chief Eddie Pardue:
“Michigan was paved recently, so we are going to be racing on a very smooth surface with a lot of grip. This track is unique in that it is a hybrid between an intermediate track and a super speedway. The Qore-24 team’s one-and-a-half mile program is strong, so we have a ton of confidence for another great finish at Michigan.”
Qore-24 is the first and only hand purifier that offers instant disinfection and 24 hours of continuous protection against germs. It assembles a safe and protective anti-microbial barrier on the skin that remains active through ten hand washings. You can purchase Qore-24 online by visiting Qore24.com.
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
For more information about Qore-24, visit Qore24.com
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @TeamNTS24Truck, @Qore24Purifier and @BrennanNewberry.