703 Park Lawn Court
Kernersville, NC 27284
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 19 of 22 – October 26, 2013
Driver: Ron Hornaday
Truck: No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado
Driver’s Point Standings: 11th
Owner’s Point Standings: 12th
Track: Martinsville (Va.) Speedway
Race: Kroger 200
Distance: 200 Laps/105.2 Miles
• After a wild finish at the 2.66-mile Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) now heads to the .526-mile Martinsville (Va.) Speedway for a classic short-track showdown. Earlier this season for the second race of the year, Hornaday started the NCWTS event at Martinsville Speedway from the ninth position, led 21 laps and earned a 10th-place finish.
• Hornaday made his first NCWTS start at Martinsville Speedway in 1995 and since then has made 22-career starts. In those 22 starts, Hornaday has earned one win (2010), one pole starting position (2008), 10 top-five finishes, 14 top-10 finishes, led 332 laps and completed 4,799 of 5,024 attempted laps (95.5 percent). His average start at the historical short track is 8.2 and his average finish is 10.3.
• Hornaday continues to sit 11th in the NCWTS Driver Point Standings with three top-five finishes, eight top-10 finishes and has completed 98.0 percent of laps attempted (2,691 of 2,746 laps) and led 44 laps. Fourteen points separate Hornaday and 10th place. The No. 9 Chevrolet is 12th in the NCWTS Owner Point Standings with four races remaining in the 2013 season.
• Arriving at the high-banked Talladega Superspeedway, Hornaday and the No. 9 team were poised for their first win of the season and Hornaday’s first-career win at the famed 2.66-mile track. Starting from the sixth position, Hornaday ran as high as second before he was involved in an accident with seven laps remaining in the 94-lap event, and was forced to the garage and scored with a 24th-place finish.
• This week Hornaday will be behind the wheel of the No. 9 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Chevrolet Silverado for the Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway.
• Catch the Kroger 200 from Martinsville Speedway on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and Fox Sports 1 on Saturday, October 26, beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET with the race set to start at 1:30 p.m. ET.
Thoughts from Driver Ron Hornaday:
“Martinsville is one of my favorite tracks because it reminds me of my short track roots. I won the first Martinsville Speedway clocks in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, and I hope to take another one home this weekend. I’m excited to bring the Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Silverado to victory lane.
Words of Wisdom from Crew Chief Bruce Cook:
“Martinsville Speedway is one of our team’s best tracks. We ran great there in the Spring, and I am looking forward to having the Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff Silverado contend for the victory. Ron Hornaday is great at Martinsville, so I know we will be in contention for a win.
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @TeamNTS9Truck, @RonHornaday